Take a French Canal Barge Cruise and discover the tranquillity of Burgundy.
As Featured in Feb 2017 Lonely Planet Traveller Magazine. By Wainwright Prize short-listed author Katharine Norbury, and photographer River Thompson. click here
Enjoy a private French barge tour on the picturesque Burgundy Canal du Nivernais and river Yonne. Your luxury stay includes, gourmet cuisine, fine wine, and guided tours by private car to vineyards and chateaux.
All our cruises are tailored to meet your exact requirements, from charming auberges to Michelin dining, wine tasting, cycling, walking, or simply relaxing aboard. Whether you are a couple or friends, a private barge holiday is the perfect way to enjoy France.
- 22 metre (72ft) private riverboat with modern comforts and classic charm.
- Tranfers, private tours, and chauffeur service by Mercedes V Class Aventgarde .
- Crew of three; Captain, gourmet chef, and tour guide host.
- Door to door Paris transfers to and from the Randle.
- Gourmet cuisine and selected premier-cru wine whilst aboard.
- Air conditioned and en-suite mahogany panelled cabins.
- Private guided tours to vineyards, chateaux, castles, and places of interest.
- Electric bicycles for exploring villages and towns.
- Electric launch for exploring the tranquil backwaters of the river Yonne.
- Wi-Fi, sound system, and TV with DVD player.
- Evening restaurant chauffeur service.
Enjoy gourmet cuisine at selected restaurants from along our cruise route. From Michelin dining to charming auberges you are sure to have evenings of dining pleasure to remember. (Selected evening restaurants included in the full board charter fee)
See our Rates & Routes page for costs, options, and special offers.
Edge Charter is a member of Slow Travel Tours, an affiliation of small-group trip operators offering personalised tours to Europe. Follow the Slow Travel Tours blog to learn more about slow travel,